This year, we are proud to continue the AMSA Mentor/Mentee program! This program pairs an Upperclassman Mentor and an Underclassman Mentee to create a beneficial dynamic that develops all those involved.
- For 1st and 2nd year students it provides first-hand, personal guidance to the pre-med track and college/medical school.
- For 3rd and 4th years it helps to develop leadership skills and allows the passage of wisdom, while also getting a fresh perspective from younger peers.
This program creates a community and network between the classes of future healthcare professionals.
Applications for the Fall 2023 Mentor/Mentee Program have closed. Stay tuned as registration reopens in the Spring 2024.
For questions regarding the Mentor/Mentee program, contact Vice President Sarah Heaton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of the Mentor/Mentee Program:
- Input from current Medical Students (when available) to both Upperclassmen Mentor and Underclassmen Mentee
- Will try to pair people within their majors, if possible
- Must be an active UGA AMSA member
- Mentors and Mentees will receive one AMSA point
- Additional points available for attending AMSA program-specific events with both the Mentor and Mentee present
- Mentors will also be able to put this opportunity on their medical school applications
- Mentors will be provided resources to guide mentorship
The Fall 2023 Mentor/Mentee Program Kickoff Event will be October 10, 2023 at 7 pm in Pharmacy South 101!