Spirit of Homecoming Week
Fall 2023: Sunday, October 29 - Saturday, November 4th
Every year UGA celeberates its alumni with incredbilt events and activities. There is a lot going on in UGA and Athens for Homecoming. You can find information about that here or on Instagram at @ugahomecoming.
AMSA likes to show its bulldawg pride by entering the Spirit of Homecoming Competition. Below is everything that AMSA is involved in:
- Monday, October 30, 2023
- Bulldog Bash: 11 am - 2 pm at Tate Plaza
- This is an event with free food (Raising Canes, Crumbl cookies, etc) and games to attend with friends between classes! If you attend, walk up to the homecoming promotion table and say you are with AMSA. We get points for each member present in the SOH competition!
- Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Trivia Night: 7 pm at Tate Grand Hall
- A fun time to test your music knowledge and possibly win a cash prize! Costumes are encouraged!!
- AMSA will have a 3 person team. If you are interested in being in our team please sign up here. Participation is one AMSA point.
- You can also attend and participate outside of a team. If you do, please mention to the hoco promotion table that you are with UGA AMSA to get us some points.
- Wednesday, November 1st
- Film on the Fifty: Doors open at 7 pm and the movie starts at 8 pm. You enter the stadium at Reed Plaza.
- Gather all your friends for free food, drinks, and giveaways while watching Spiderman Across the Spider-verse in Sanford Stadium!
- If you go, please mention you (and your friends 😉 ) are with AMSA to get us SOH points!
- Friday, November 3rd
- Homecoming Parade at 6 pm in Downtown Athens
- Parade Attendance/Car Design Sign Up
- Help us decorate the AMSA's Spirit Car for the parade at 2:30 pm at East Campus Deck. Participation is one AMSA point.
- Also, walk/ride with us in the parade and show Athens that premeds are AMSAzing dawgs too! Participation is two AMSA points.
- HOCO Donation Drive
- October 30 - November 2
- Drop off items in the Homecoming Office (102F Tate Student Center) with UGA AMSA clearly written on the items.
- Please take a picture of your items and email them to email@example.com for AMSA points! (Remember: 3 items = 1 AMSA point, with a 3 pt donation drive max each semester)
- Requested items: nonperishable food items
- pasta, pasta sauce, cereal, boxed milk, rice, seasoning/spices, canned chicken/tuna, granola bars, mac n cheese, peanut butter and jelly)